Sunday, October 19, 2014

Eastern Seaboard Part Deux

 Here's the linen tea towel I bought from the silk screen studio in Saguenay. I love the blueberries.
 Carly missed me and is so happy to have me back and walking her every day.

 In PEI I bought this hand woven tea towel for a gift.

 Cottage Craft is a Nova Scotia mill. I bought this in Sydney from a lovely lady who was mainly selling knitwear.
 This looks more purple, like squished blueberries. It is 85% mohair and 15% merino worsted weight from a chevrerier (goat farmer) and designer. We loved her booth.
 Northern Waters Knitwear in Charlottetown had lots of low priced, locally milled pure wool. I want to make my paw some felted mitts with this brown.

 The Mineville Wool Project is from Fleece Artist. I thought this would make me a nice cowl. 250m chunky.

 Belfast Mini Mills is on PEI. This was such soft, washable wool. I thought I would make man socks. There is still enough after the fingerless mitts.


 I found a beautiful set of Casbah and fleece for thrummed mittens. They are in an Iris colourway for my mom.
 Haul.
 Also bought a hand woven waist jacket for DH for Christmas. Please don't tell him. This seriously takes the pressure off for the third sweater of Christmas. The Slade is blocking on the carpet in the front room and I have achieved gauge for my daughter's sweater. But there are numerous accessory gifts for family and friends.
 I also found this enormous merino wrap in a vintage shop. Love the silver/taupe. Could have used it for the Opera.
It's nice to be home. The coffee is so much better, but the service leaves something to be desired. I was a bit woozy as I did loads of laundry and washed floors.
Already I'm packing for next week. DH and I are taking a week to Palm Desert because he hasn't had a holiday and worked hard all summer. There will be travel knitting.

No comments: