Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Nine Years


 Welcome to my blog. Welcome back if you've been here before. This is the 9th anniversary of its creation. One of my better mistakes, I was just trying to leave a comment on the Math 4 Knitters blog.
Our seasons seem to be moving along more quickly than usual. The baby ducks that join me for breakfast are lucky to find green grass in the back garden because much of the front lawn is already brown.
 I was delighted to be invited to a baby shower for one of the LPNs (Licensed Practical Nurse) I used to work with. The team was there in their exceptional caring and good humour. I really miss that group. We are starting to see each other for coffee and fun. I have been so busy wrapping up volunteer activities and wrapping presents.
 These are flowers the youth group helped make for our Sunday School teachers. Youth Group ended with a wonderful and very silly party. I received gifts from my peeps too.
 With the days so hot, I am hiding in the basement and sewing. I made a thread catcher so I could feel like a real sewer. But the pattern was so bad. I would have made a separate lining and weighted the pin cushion differently. Now I don't feel like such a beginner.
 Piping has been pretty busy. We had D Day ceremonies, a fun BBQ and extra practices. One of the tenor drummers met me at Harrsion Hot Springs Resort where we laid down the plans for a New Years Eve celebration at 4 pm called Hogmany.
 Cultus Lake Days parade from my angle.
 D piped at his partner's retirement and was a wonderful emcee.
 I am now knitting on the edge. Deciding how I want the Fussy Cuts blanket to look is almost as much work as knitting it. Do I make log cabin strips on the outside or mitred? Do I add an icord edge? I have decided to decide as I go.

From the Stash and Burn podcast, I have started a crafting bingo card, and already got one bingo. This is a great motivational tool and a great group on Ravelry. We are trying to motivate our own Chilliwack Common Threads knitting circle and I am so pleased at those who step forward with their skills to help.
Also pleased to join the knitters of the Sardis Library today for World Wide Knit in Public Day (week).
Moving up. Thanks to my physiotherapist, I am taking short hikes and look forward to more in the weeks to come. I am not knitting as much because I'm not sitting as much. But there are other crafts and endeavours to pursue. And I hope that you will come along with me as I explore the new wonders around me.

1 comment:

Lifesastitch said...

I vote dog. It's cute no matter what it is.